PayString was previously known as PayID.
PayString is a simple, web-based protocol designed to make it as easy to send someone money as it is to send them an email. This guide walks you through the following.
- Experiment With the PayString Sandbox
- Run a PayString Server
- Run PayString CLI
- Learn More
- RippleX Dev Kit Integration
The PayString Sandbox lets you experiment with PayString in a test environment. Your work is not saved between sessions, and the sandbox may be reset at any time.
PayString CLI allows you to manage PayStrings and get user information from the command line. See Get Started With PayString CLI.
PayString support is integrated into RippleX Dev Kit.
RippleX Dev Kit provides the ability to work with PayString. It provides three language libraries:
These libraries help you connect your application to PayString without having to worry about the specifics of PayString. Try Get Started With RippleX Dev Kit and PayString.
Follow these guidelines for incorporating PayString into your app.
You now have a good foundation for learning more about the PayString Protocol. Here are some next steps you can take:
- How to convert the
user$domain.comformat to a URL
- Learn how to use relevant HTTP headers
- Learn how to handle different types of responses you could receive from a PayString server
You can use extended PayString features:
- Get Started With Verifiable PayString. Verifiable PayString enhances security for PayString.
- Use PayString CLI. PayString CLI is a convenient tool to work with PayString addresses.